Covenant of Spring Grove Primitive Baptist Church*
By the Divine Providence of God, we find ourselves in this locality. On the profession of our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ as our Savior, we have been baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. We do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ. We agree to walk together in Christian love as follows:
- To strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort.
- To promote the spirituality and prosperity of the church.
- To maintain the ordinances, doctrines, and discipline of the church and of other Primitive Baptist churches of gospel order.
- To attend the worship services.
- To support the church financially.
- To maintain family and private devotions.
- To teach the scriptures to our children.
- To conduct ourselves in a christian way among all men.
- To avoid evil or the appearance therof.
- To watch over one another in brotherly love.
- To pray for each other and the church.
- To aid each other in sickness and need.
- To be slow to take offense, always ready for reconciliation, and to handle offenses according to Matthew 18: 15-17.
- To abide by the Rules of Decorum of the church.
We believe to have been led by the Holy Spirit in forming this covenant and with the blessings of God we will endeavor to uphold it.
Original Mar. 30, 1974
Revised Oct. 7, 1981
*Originally named Primitive Baptist Church of Houston